If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries or harm as a result of an accident that was not your fault, the award-winning team at Franco Munoz Law Firm may be able to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our team of more than 13 legal professionals is dedicated to helping you focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your case. Contact us today for a free case consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys. Please call (510) 257-4141 or fill out our online contact form to learn more about our superior service.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Franco Munoz Law Firm has the expertise, skills, and resources to effectively represent personal injury victims and help them obtain the compensation they deserve. We have a long history of success in this area, having represented thousands of seriously injured individuals since 2009 and recovering over $80,000,000 in compensation for our clients. Our experience and dedication make us well-equipped to handle a wide range of personal injury cases.
Our attorneys have specialized expertise in the following areas of personal injury law:
- Workplace Accident
- Birth Injury
- Food Poisoning
- Battery Explosion
- Catastrophic Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Broken Bone(s)
- Swimming Pool Accident
- Premises Liability
- Back Injury
- Brain Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
- Child Injury
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Construction Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Burn Injury
- Paraplegia / Quadriplegia Injury
- Head Injury
- Product Liability
- Whiplash Injury
- Neck Injury
- Dog Bite/Animal Attack
- Laceration Injury
- Slip and Fall Accident
Motor vehicle accidents, including those involving motorcycles and other modes of transportation, can result in serious personal injuries. At Franco Munoz Law Firm, our experienced attorneys have the expertise to address even the most complex personal injury litigation arising from these types of accidents. We understand the devastating impact that such accidents can have and are dedicated to helping our clients seek the compensation they deserve.
As a leading injury law firm in California, Franco Munoz Law Firm has extensive experience representing clients in various types of motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Amusement Park Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Car Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Truck Accident
- Bus Accident
- Plane Accident
- Train Accident
- Boat Accident
- Uber Accident
- Cruise Ship Accident
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to take certain steps to protect your health and your personal injury case. Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Remain calm and assess the situation. If necessary, move to a safe location.
- Check for injuries and determine if emergency medical services are needed. Even if you do not feel injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible to ensure that minor injuries are not overlooked.
- Call the police and request an official report of the incident.
- Document the accident by exchanging insurance and contact information with the other parties involved, taking photos of the accident scene, and recording relevant details such as the time, location, and damages. If there are any witnesses, obtain their contact information.
- Do not admit fault for the accident and avoid discussing the details with anyone else.
- Consider seeking legal representation from a personal injury lawyer. At Franco Munoz Law Firm, our attorneys have the experience and expertise to help you navigate the legal process and pursue a successful settlement.
Who Can I Sue for my Injury?
Identifying the parties responsible for your injuries is a crucial aspect of a successful personal injury claim. It is possible that multiple parties may be liable for the injuries you have sustained. An experienced personal injury attorney will have the resources to conduct a thorough investigation and determine all of the parties that may be held accountable for your injuries.
If you or someone you know has sustained injuries, any of the following parties may potentially be liable for the personal injury:
- Negligent drivers
- Premises owners
- Product designers or manufacturers
- Public entities
- Repair Services
- Vehicle owners
In the state of California, the rule of Comparative Fault allows individuals to recover a portion of damages even if they were partially at fault for the accident. This means that if you were partially responsible for your injuries, you may still be able to obtain compensation. The percentage of damages that you are able to recover may be reduced by your degree of fault in the accident. For example, if you suffered $100,000 in damages and were found to be 20% at fault, you would be able to recover $80,000 in damages (which is the total damages minus your 20% fault). It is important to note that the smaller your degree of fault in the accident, the higher your potential settlement amount may be.
What is the value of my case and what damages can I recover?
If you try to handle your insurance claim on your own, the insurance company may not fully compensate you for your injuries, pain, and suffering. It is important to have a strong legal team by your side that is willing to advocate for you. Franco Munoz Law Firm has a team of experienced attorneys, professionals, and experts who can conduct a thorough investigation to help gather evidence and establish the damages you and your family have suffered as a result of your injury.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be able to seek compensation for the following types of damages:
- Specific damages: costs related to medical treatment, lost wages, lost earning capacity, repairs or replacements needed as a result of the injury, home or vehicle modifications, etc.
- General damages: compensation for physical pain and suffering, loss of companionship or support, emotional distress.
Assessing the value of a personal injury case can be complex due to the variety of factors that may be involved, such as liability, the extent of injuries, and the specific circumstances of the accident. An experienced personal injury attorney is best equipped to accurately evaluate the worth of your claim. Franco Munoz Law Firm has a strong history of success in obtaining fair compensation for our clients, with over $80,000,000 recovered since 2009. Our attorneys have an excellent track record of advocating for accident victims to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
How Can I Win my Case?
Negligence is the most commonly cited form of liability in personal injury cases. An attorney may pursue a claim of negligence on behalf of their client if it can be shown that the defendant failed to take reasonable care, resulting in injury to the plaintiff.
To hold the defendant(s) liable, you must present the following to the court:
- The defendant had a legal obligation to act with caution and prevent harm to others
- The defendant failed to fulfill this duty
- You sustained harm due to the defendant's actions.
In certain situations, a stricter legal standard known as strict liability may be applied. This is often the case in instances involving a dangerous or defective product. There are three main types of product liability defects: design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects. Any party involved in the production chain, including manufacturers, marketers, shipping companies, retailers, and others, may potentially be held liable for injuries caused by a faulty or hazardous product.
Liability in industrial accidents may often be shared among multiple parties.
As for the length of time it takes to reach a settlement, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. In general, cases involving more significant damages tend to take longer to resolve. However, some defendants or plaintiffs may prefer to settle quickly to avoid the risk of losing at trial. Keep in mind that settling quickly may come at the cost of receiving less compensation than you may be entitled to under the law. To achieve the best possible outcome in your case, it is often advisable to be prepared for a longer process. Building a strong case can take time, but the resulting settlements can be well worth the effort, as demonstrated by the successful legal results achieved by Franco Munoz Law Firm.
What Should I Consider When Selecting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you're seeking legal assistance and don't know where to start, you're not alone. Many people turn to friends and family for recommendations based on their own experiences. If that doesn't yield any leads, it's common to use a search engine to find attorneys in your area.
It's important to note that not all attorneys in California are equally qualified to handle personal injury cases. It's worth taking the time to find a lawyer who has the experience and expertise to effectively advocate for you.
When considering personal injury attorneys, it can be helpful to look for someone who can:
- Specializes in personal injury law: Personal injury laws in California are constantly evolving and require a dedicated focus to stay current. Attorneys who also handle other practice areas, such as immigration law, family law, or elder law, may not have the same level of expertise as a law firm that solely focuses on personal injury.
- Has substantial financial resources: Taking on large insurance companies or well-funded defendants through a lawsuit can be a costly endeavor. It can be beneficial to choose a law firm with the experience, talent, and financial resources to effectively represent you in your case.
- Has a strong reputation: Hiring an attorney who is respected by insurance carriers, judges, and their peers can be advantageous for personal injury victims. Insurance companies may be more inclined to agree to a favorable settlement rather than going to trial, potentially speeding up the resolution of your case. Consider looking for information on recent settlements or awards the attorney may have received, as well as their overall reputation within the legal community."
What are the costs associated with hiring a personal injury attorney?
Many top personal injury attorneys in California work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they do not receive any payment unless and until they successfully resolve or win your case. This allows personal injury victims to focus on their recovery without the added financial burden of paying upfront attorney fees.
There are no retainers, initial fees, or out-of-pocket expenses when working with a contingency fee lawyer. The attorney's fees are taken from the final award or settlement amount. The amount of the fee may vary depending on the amount of work involved and whether the case goes to trial. It's important to ask about and understand a law firm's fee structure before deciding to work with them.
If you have questions about hiring a personal injury attorney, Franco Munoz Law Firm is here to help.
What is the Time Frame in Which I Must File a Claim?
Under California law, individuals who have been injured due to the negligence of another party have the right to seek compensation for their damages. The statute of limitations, or the time frame in which you must file a claim, is typically two years from the date of the accident. However, there are various factors that can affect the time you have to file a claim.
For instance, if your injuries were caused by a public entity, such as a city bus, you may only have 180 days to file a personal injury claim. It is important for personal injury victims to seek legal assistance as soon as possible after an accident to ensure that they do not miss the deadline to file a lawsuit.
Franco Munoz Law Firm is equipped to handle your case from start to finish.. Our attorneys are dedicated to building a strong case and fighting for the financial compensation you deserve. Since 2009, we have been committed to advocating for the rights of injury victims and seeking fair compensation on their behalf.
To learn more and schedule a free case consultation, call Franco Munoz Law Firm at (510) 257-4141.
Contact Us Now
For A Free Case EvaluationPlease enter a valid email address